World Pride 2019 /Stonewall 50 NYC Pride March
People's of Color Contingent
Step off at Noon
Save the Date:
2nd HIV and Native American Two Spirit, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Plus Conference
New York City
Abrons Art Center - 466 Grand Street, New York City
Hosted by the Two Spirit Indigenous People’s Association
In coordination with World Pride and the 50th Anniversary of the Stonewall Riots.
For information contact TSIPA@aich.org or 646-575-3638
New York Society for Ethical Culture Theater
2 West 64th, St., NYC
tickets at www.aich.org
AICH Benefit Concert
Thursday, December 6th, 2018
7pm - 9pm
St. Peter's Church
346 W 20th St.
(Between 8th and 9th Ave)
Location: The LGBT Community Center -Room 310
Representatives in attendance from TSIPA: Phillip Dallas Stands, Sheldon Raymore and Tony Enos.
1. HOP received 132 nominations so far for grand marshal's. (90 without duplicates). October 16th-Meeting they will vote on. Chosen based on legacy and contribution.
2. Certificates for everyone in the march will be given for World Pride March.
3. HOP Float and Community Heroes- Nominations Start sept. 17th-deadline nominations for October 27th,2018. Any age, more recently active-folks who haven’t gotten recognition on a fame scale. Emma Gonzales in the past.
4. 2019 Group registrations live on September 1st on saturday.
5. Volunteer link sign up is live nycpride.org/volunteer-form
6. Parade Route and Pridefest hasn’t found a home yet as HOP is still working on the layouts.
7. In the past the International Delegates tend to get the most interruption with threats due to it being an “international interruption”.
8. HOP needs to produce name tags- for volunteers- emphasize mission statements as volunteers.
9. Tony Enos suggested volunteer idea was to work with other volunteer counselors to create trauma informed material for HOP volunteers and Staff.
10. HOP Contingent Managers-getting folks in order-early check ins to accompdate. Work with groups to not exceed 400 marchers per contingent.
11. Priority for HOP is to finalize route. We have 15-19th blocks between 7th to 9th Ave.
12. 2019 App for Heritage of Pride will be available and recommended.
13. Slack and Radio for Volunteer Communication.
14. 7pm at HOP office - on Sept 19th is “Media” meeting.
15. Question for TSIPA members: If only leading POC Contingent in Parade, does TSIPA want inclusion in the Pride opening ceremony for 2019 held a week prior to march. Including a drum group, dancers, performance etc.?
Location: The American Indian Community House
39 Eldridge Street, 4th Floor,
New York, NY, 10002
1st Organizing Meeting: Curtis Davia, Phillip Dallas-Stands, Sheldon Raymore, Tony Enos
The logo is in development and Frederick Thomas Edwards from Winnepeg and a former AICH employee is working on it.
Mission Statement – we want to be clear we are not building a new organization, rather we are organizing around supporting Two Spirit people who might be coming to NYC for World Pride/Stonewall 50.
A theme was suggested by Curtis – ‘Come join us around our Fire”
Press Release/Announcement – Tony will work on
Tony will get statements from other folks, specifically Ben Geboe and Nic Billey
Curtis will reach out to Leota Lone Dog and Muriel Miguel
Tony will distribute, once it has been reviewed by the group, this includes sending to other Two Spirit organizations, AIDS organizations, Native organizations, POC organizations, Canadian organizations.
Sheldon will pull together the budget for the March and website
Curtis will work on the budget for food/Space/other possible costs
Sheldon has offered the use of a POBox
Facebook page – Tony will work with Phil to organize social media presence
Sheldon will pull together and timeline and Curtis will contribute the period from WeWahs organization
Curtis suggested organizing a second Two Spirit and HIV conference to coincide with the World Pride events. He will begin development of a plan and work on proposals
We will set up a new email account for TSIPA – Phil?
A website – Sheldon and Tony will investigate costs and administration
Other topics included:
Outreach to Two Spirit folks to join our effort
Space for Marchers to organize and change into regalia
Continued participation in Heritage of Pride organizing efforts
Business cards and letterhead
Calendar for milestones – set up a calendar in google or someother shareable platform
1st Community Town Hall Meeting - World Pride 2019/Stonewall 50
7pm - 10pm
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center
208 W 13th St
New York, NY, 10011
In attendance: Tony Enos, Sheldon Raymore, Muriel Miguel, Curtis Harris-Davia